𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛ᴾᴿᴼ is a fast-running, machine learning tool trained using tens of thousands reservoir model simulations. 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛ᴾᴿᴼ can be used standalone to review storage sites, or in tandem with 𝘚𝘪𝘮𝘊𝘊𝘚ᴾᴿᴼ for a full perspective on CO₂ capture, transport, and storage. 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛ᴾᴿᴼ is able to rapidly evaluate potential CO₂ storage sites, including accurate screening-level storage capacities, injection rates, number of wells, and integrated sequestration costs. The tool has advanced, unmatched capabilities, including:
- Dynamic CO₂ storage capacity, injection rates, and plume evolution.
- Advanced sequestration economics.
- Detailed uncertainty and sensitivity analysis.
- Market assessment and project feasibility calculations.
𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛ᴾᴿᴼ has appeared in half-a-dozen peer-reviewed journal papers. See the links to the papers below to learn more. And reach out anytime if you would like a copy of any of the papers.
- 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛 Part I: Frankenstein’s ROMster: Avoiding pitfalls of reduced-order model development (link).
- 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛 Part II: Great SCO2T! Rapid carbon sequestration science and screening (link).
- 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛 Part III: Identifying geologic characteristics and operational decisions to meet global carbon sequestration goals (link).
- 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛 Part IV: Screening for geologic sequestration of CO2: A comparison between SCO2TPRO and the FE/NETL CO2 saline storage cost model (link).
- 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛 Part V: The importance of modeling carbon dioxide transportation and geologic storage in energy system planning (link).
- 𝘚𝘊𝘖₂𝘛 Part VI: A geospatial cost comparison of CO2 plume geothermal (CPG) power and geologic CO2 storage (link).